Tuesday, February 14, 2012

5 Things I Love This Week.

1. Klab: If you are my friend on Facebook then you have seen me mention Klab a few times. It is the gym that I go to at least 4 days a week. It is literally 2 minutes walking distance from my house and I love it! Sure, it is super expensive, I registered when I had a pretty good income. Now it is my escape where I love to go to to let loose.

 2. FACE: Florentine Association for Culture Exchange, aka FACE is a group that puts events together for foreign students. The club is also open to anyone who wants to meet people from other countries and practice different languages. It's pretty cool cuz my roomie and I go to practice our Italian, sing at karaoke and have met some pretty nice people. It's nice to make some new friends since I lost pretty much all of my Via Lingua crew, except for Vicky. Everytime we get together it is a good time for sure. :)  

3. Adriana: is my new roomie that I've had now for about 3 weeks. She is here from Mexico studying architecture and likes to have a good time. Like no seriously, last week we went out 5 days in a row.  Well, she went out with me 4 out of the 5 times. lol. I'm glad she is our new roomie.  
 

4. Bag Tax: Anytime you go to the supermarket here you have to take a reusable bag. If not you are charged for every bag that you need. It's not much but of course everyone is trying to save some cents so we try to take our bags everytime. This is a nice way to be eco-friendly and is something we should consider doing back home.

5. Clean Streets: You would be surprised how clean Italy is. The streets are washed every night by these big machines, men go around picking up any trash seen around. It is beautiful. Italians know that they get most of their money from tourists and tourists like clean streets. More than that, they like having a clean home. Every night, without fail the streets are cleaned. I love it!

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment