Thursday, April 12, 2012

An Unexpected Day in Empoli

My roommate Lucy planned a trip for us to go to Leonardo Da Vinci's hometown. In order to get there we had to take a 30 minute train ride to Empoli then take a bus to the Da Vinci's town. Well turns out the bus does not run on Sundays so we quickly had to switch plans. This little town had more to offer than we initially thought. I will return one day to Empoli. :)
These are my roommates Laura and Lucy on the train to Empoli. 
 Laura standing in front of the Empoli Train Station.
 This red is a rare find on a building here in Italy. I fell in love with it as soon as I spotted it.
 These vending machine markets are open 24 hours. There you can buy anything from milk, pasta, chips to condoms and toothpaste.
 I don't know about you, but this is how we dry our clothes in Italy.
Empoli had an event that day Citta dei Bambini  where they had activities for the kids to do. The kids were building things with wood, playing games and making art work. I love seeing family oriented events around Italy. :) 
We had to stop by the free Museo Civico di Paleontologia.
No day trip is complete without gelato. :) I strayed from my usual Mint, Stracciatella, Baci combo for Lemon, Strawberry and Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment