Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Girl Who Went To The Top Of A Volcano

The same day I went to Pompeii I went up the volcano that destroyed it. This was my favorite activity out of my whole trip! It was something I never pictured myself doing so when I actually did it I couldn't believe it. 
Going up to Mt. Vesuvius was a mission. We bought our tickets and were told it would be 30 minutes wait. Well, it was an Italian holiday that day and many Italians were out for family picnics in the area and what not. Let's just say that 30 minutes became 2 hours!! We were worried that we wouldn't be able to go up at all but luckily everything was sorted out. In the end, the wait was worth while. 
Photobucket
This is me waiting at the bus stop.
  Photobucket
We got all the way to the entrance by bus. We are getting closer!
Photobucket
Then we had to take these bad boys all the way to the top. Look at those wheels!
Photobucket
These were the roads and views on the way up.
Photobucket
The higher we went the more beautiful the views.
Photobucket
This is me and Laura waiting to explore Vesuvius. 
These were breathtaking. 
When we got dropped off we still had to climb 20 minutes up hill to the very top. I'm telling you guys it was a mission getting to Vesuvius. 
I am amazed every day by Italy's beauty. 
Photobucket
Finally made it!
Photobucket
This is the very center of Mt. Vesuvius. If you look closely you can see the smoke coming out!
I could have stayed up there forever. 
Photobucket 
These were fun to find. :)
  Photobucket
Of course Baby Jesus was up there too. 
Photobucket
I left my mark. ;) 
Photobucket
It was nice to relax for awhile just looking out. <3 
Photobucket
We were ecstatic up there and left feeling accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment