Sunday, March 25, 2012

Five Things

The five things I heart about Italy this week are:

1. Fiorentina Soccer Games:  Fiorentina, also known as Forza Viola is the official soccer team here in Florence. I had the pleasure of going to a Fiorentina soccer match last week. Sadly, my team didn't win but I still had a lovely experience. I was lucky enough to go twice this season. If I ever come back to Florence you bet I'll go to another match! (post about this coming soon)

2. Palestra Ricciardi: This is the new gym I go to. To be honest I had a rocky start with gym because a. it's farther from my apartment (10 min walk) b. the equipment is much older c. i havent warmed up to the people. Still, the more I go the more I like it. I'm starting to get comfortable. Soon I will have a routine like I did at Klab. What I like about Palestra Ricciardi is that they offer more classes. Some are really fun, like the hip hop class they have. I also like that the people who go to Palestra Ricciardi are younger. They are around the same age group as me as opposed to Klab that had much older members.

3. Amazon.it: I love this website. It is like the one back home but of course it offers all the Italian dvds/books/cds I could ever want at a lower price than the bookstores. Even though I had a rough time getting my package the first time around, I will be ordering again from them soon. Here is what I bought the first time. :)

4. Antica Gelateria Fiorentina: This is slowly becoming my favorite gelateria here in Florence. Although the I still prefer the gelato from La Carraia, L'Antica Gelateria Fiorentina is significantly closer to my apartment. How close? About one minute. This is dangerous because not only is their gelato delicious but it's also cheap! I typically get the 2 euro cup with Stracciatella and Bacio.

5. Italian Lessons with Adriana: Even though Adriana hasn't been learning Italian for too long (and I have been learning it for years) we are around the same level. Recently we have started practicing together the stuff we need to work on. Last night was the conditional, like would or could, and tonight we will probably go over it again and move on. I am glad we are doing this because it will better our Italian for sure. We are using this book by Claudio Manetta. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mia! (Sorry I couldn't find your e-mail address!)

    You won the giveaway that I hosted on my blog for free ad space! Okay, everyone who entered did, but still! Haha. I'm going to be doing a blog sponsor post soon, so I'd love to get a few things from ya:

    - a blog button that is 140x140
    - an image that is 640px × 426px of you or your blog/whateva
    - two random facts about yourself
    - one of your favourite books
    - any links of yours that you would like me to link to in the blog post!

    And let me know if you would be interested in doing a giveaway (it could be of anything!) on my blog this month! Hope you're having a fabulous day!

    Cheers,
    Holly
    http://www.hollyknitlightly.com

    ReplyDelete